Eye shadow is a great way to define a colour in your makeup look, and can really make your eyes ‘pop’. The most commonly used eye shadow is a pressed powder, but it also comes in loose pigment, eye shadow pencil, cream and liquid.
Eye shadows come in three different finishes;
Sheer – for a hint of colour
Matte – a plain colour with no shimmer or shine
Shimmer – has sparkle and/or a metallic colour
There are many shapes and techniques in which you can apply eye shadow. The following tips will help you emphasise your best features.
- To make your eyes look bigger and more awake, apply a light shade on the inner corners of your eye.
- If you have close set eyes, a darker colour on the outer corner will make them seem further apart.
- To create a ‘cat-eye’ look, blend a darker colour on the outer corner of the eye and blend upwards.
- To add depth to your eyes, blend colour in to the crease line of your eye socket.
Watch Pixiwoo’s Perfect Easy Smokey Eye Make-up:
This week for #theSOproject post I’m going to change it up a bit. I normally review a selection of brands and products, but as I’m crazy about Mac’s eye shadow selection, I’m going to give you my top 10 Mac eye shadow shades.
In no particular order, my favourite 10 Mac eye Shadows are:
1. Orb (Satin)
2. Shroom (Satin)
3. Retrospeck (Frost)
4. Pink Freeze (Frost)
5. Star Violet (Veluxe Pearl)
6. Fig.1 (Matte)
7. Brown Down (Veluxe)
8. Woodwinked (Veluxe Pearl)
9. Bronze (Frost)
10. Carbon (Matte)
What’s your favourite Mac eye shadow shade?